The following happenings took place recently for RDT Hospital, Bathalapalli:
- Dr.Laura Sanchez, Dr.M.S.Kannan and Dr.Harish Handyal presented a paper titled, “Mortality Associated with Hair dye (SuperVasmol) poisoning: Experience from a intensive care unit in rural India.” at Congress of Indian Society of Critical Medicine and Asia-Pacific Congress of Critical Care Medicine in Jaipur.
- Dr.Katumalla Sudheer Kumar, Surgeon presented paper titled, “Laproscopic Assisted Enteroscopy in the era of Video enteroscopy – A Definite Role” which was categorised as AWARD PAPER at 11th Biennial National Congress of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons in Chennai.
- Dr.Jyothi Suchitra Mekala presented a paper titled, “Analysis of Near miss Obstetric cases in a tertiary level rural hospital in India during the year 2012” which was awarded 2nd Prize of Dr.Amarendra Nath Dan Prize of FOGSI at 57th All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology of, The Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India in Patna.
- National Board of Examinations has recognised Department of Anesthesia to train 2 postgraduate students every year starting from Jan’14 academic session. It joins the Department of General Surgery (2 seats) and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (4 seats) as teaching department.
- Department of General and Minimal access surgery conducted a one day, Workshop and CME on Cancer Breast on 23rd March 2014. Renouned Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon Dr.P.Raghuram from Usha Lakshmi Breast Foundation, Hyderabad and Oncosurgeon and Specialist Breast Surgeon Dr.S.P.Somasekar from Manipal Hospital, Bangalore were the faculty and was well attended by Postgraduate students and faculty from 8 medical colleges and Teaching institutions and also by surgeons and gynaecologists from Anantapur.
- An award has been given as a recognition of outstanding contribution to Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme 2013-2014 from CBCI – CARD, New Delhi in collaboration with Ministry of health.